I don't know what your up for, but I'm up for studying interior design in Europe.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Okay! Day 10... so today i have quite the story for ya. Today was our wild and crazy adventure to Holland. And when I say wild and crazy, I mean it!!! So... it all started here... actually it started a 2 hour train ride before this, but here is me and Katie on our beautiful 4 hour cruise. After this we had another hour train ride into Amsterdam.



So we got into Amsterdam and found our hostel, don't worry it is smack dab in the middle of the red light district, which I had never heard of before now. This is the stairs into our white trash hostel. You can't really tell in this picture, but they are so step, I have no idea how all the drunks that stay here get up and down them. Our hostel was located above an Irish pub, to the left of the a gay cinema, and to the right of a sex shop. Not the place I would ever choose to be.

This is our sick room we had to share with 6 girls. Don't worry, there was no air conditioning and it pretty much was the reason that the most miserable night of my life occurred. I might not be an interior designer yet, but I am pretty sure this is the worst collaboration for a room. The bed bite wholes in my sheets may have been one of the worst parts.



Here is a close up of our walls, do not ask me what it is suppossed to be, but probably it was attempt to be something artistic while the artist was smoking a little mary jane, which we learned was legal in good ole amsterdam.


Here are some wooden shoes we found and were so excited cause it was the first store in Europe that has had Whitney and Katie's foot size in stock!

So just to summarize, that night was miserable, creepy, and I probably slept like 30 minutes total because it was like 120 degrees in our hostel and I was literally sweating so much you could ring my shirt out. (Gross, I know). Between the unbearable heat and the blaring music from the Karaoke Bar underneath us, it was pretty much impossible to sleep. I will continue with the story on my blog tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home