Day number 12. Today went a lot more smoothly than did the other days in Amsterdam. This was a great sign in a park by our hotel. I am standing right between the I and A if you didn't notice. I saw this logo all over amsterdam. I amsterdam. I think it is very clever. We had to return our bikes today so we went on a sunday bike ride and this was our first stop.
Because we had all the practice the day before, we had practically become experts on our bicycles. This is me on the half pipe, it is crazy what you can learn when you are forced to do something you aren't very good at.

After we checked our bikes in, it was back to the hotel to check out. This was in our hotel garden, it was a hard thing to part from, but I took a picture so I wouldn't really ever have to completely part with the image, I will always have it now!!!
I cannot believe I did not mention this before but we found an ice cream place yesterday that was fabulous. No... it was actually AMAZING!!!! We loved it so much, that only around 10 hours later, we had to go back. We carried all our luggage like 15 minutes to get it before we left the country because it was so great. We got hazelnut ice cream, and I think I am gonna have a chat with Coldstone when I get back to see why they have not gotten that flavor yet.
This is me on the train ride home, I was so exhausted from our excursion that I think I was out the entire trip.

Anyone who has been to London would have heard this phrase. Mind the Gap is written all over the place at the tube stations. Apparently there were around 53 accidents last year from people that did not mind the gap between the tube and the platform. I have always wanted to get a picture of it, and finally I was able to because by the time we got back to London, there weren't very many people in the tube station.






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home