August 8, 2006
Day number 28
To jumpstart us on our huge project we went to this exhibit that was about exhibits. Confusing, I know... but Corrine had decided it was destined to be running the week we happened to be in Paris.
I just liked this chair a lot!
The day got better because I decided to try for a second, or at least a day, to stop worrying about the project and enjoy one of my last days in Paris. I went with a few girls to the Sainte Chapelle. It was gorgeous. It had this one room that the whole room was covered in stained glass windows. The ceilings were so tall that it was just so awe dropping to see. I love seeing architecture that you know someone put their heart into designing. Design for a purpose, whether it be worship, style, class, education, or just living. I guess that is what I like about design.


After that we went to the Grand Arche. This was probably in the cleanest part of Paris I saw the whole trip. The whole area was sprinkled with multiple business buildings, but what made it so different was just that....that you could tell that the designers of these buildings built them to be different. There was not one rectangular building, they all were glass, but each was very different. There were some with random holes through them, curves, round, it was very interesting. 
This was awesome. If you look really close in the middle of the picture, you can see the elevator going up to the top of the building. What an interesting idea. I loved it!!!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home