August 6, 2006 continued...
After Villa Savoye we walked to this cute little café and got the most fabulous meal deal I have had this entire trip. For 6 euros we got a fabulous sub sandwich, a drink, and then my favorite part we got to choose a custom made french dessert. I got this triple chocolate masterpiece. I was very happy, and so was my stomach, especially after fasting all day long. Then we got on the train and went to the Paris Opera House, which is the one that the Phantom of the Opera is based out of. (The script, not the movie). It was a great day, I even went home and caught a little nap before taking off to go to the top of the Eifel Tower. This was a long wait, for something not so great. Okay... I only put not so great because it rhymed, but it was just a little overrated. I just don’t think it was worth 13 euros because the views weren’t fabulous and there was just too many people smashed into that tower to even enjoy it. A lot of lines for a little view. We decided to walk the stairs from the 2nd level down to the bottom, which two days later we decided was a horrible idea. We thought since it was just going down we would be fine, but our calves decided otherwise. Two levels on the Eifel tower is a lot more than a normal two levels, and 20 minutes after the start of our journey, we were finally to the bottom, and grateful to still be breathing normal. :) It was something that you have to do once to say you did it, but you really just wont ever have to do again.
This was my amazing desert after it had spilled all over my skirt. It looked a lot prettier before the accident, but still tasted just as amazing!

This is the Paris Opera House.


As soon as we came in here, I just wanted to sing Masquerade from Phantom of the Opera. I felt super cool that I was actually in here!

This is just the view straight out from the Paris Opera House. I love the way the buildings and streets are set up.

This is on our Eifel Tower adventure. I can't believe this was really made for a temporary exhibit to be taken down. It is so pretty!
The three of us were pretending to look happy, even though we felt like we had been waiting in lines all day to get to the top of the tower.
Every hour there was a light show that was so pretty that made the whole Eifel tower glisten. I loved it!

This was on our journey walking down the Eifel Tower. Bad idea for our legs, but it was cool to see all the architecture that went into building this tower.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home