July31, 2006
Day number 20.
Today we went to Bath. I was a little disappointed by it to be honest. I learned about the roman baths in my history of architecture class, so seeing it was really cool, but I was just expecting something spectacular. I was surprised at how little of the baths were still intact. A part of my disappointment may have been the fact that I had completely burned myself out from the week before. When you are going, going, going nonstop, sometimes it is hard to not take a day to just relax, so that is kind of what I did. I really didn’t appreciate anything for what it was, but I still did enjoy the city of Bath. This was a chapel outside of the roman baths.

These are the actual baths. The green water made me think an actual bath in it would be a wee bit uncomfortable and cleansing, but what do I know.

This was the royal crescent. I do't know why it is so famous, butI thought it was pretty.
After Bath we went to the Costume Museum, which was over rated. Actually, I can’t call it that, cause I hadn’t really heard any rating for it before I went. It was just not anything that special. It just had a bunch of freaky mannequins dressed in weird clothing from the past. Then that was the end of our journey for the day.
This one was Dorothy on Wizard of Oz all gone wrong.

One exciting thing about the costume museum is that we got to try on corsets.
This guy was just chillin at the Roman baths, probably ready to jump in.





1 Comments:
What the naked man! Sicko!!
6/08/2008 4:49 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home