August 5, 2006
Day number 25
Today we went to Versailles. This is the one that was built by King Louis XIV because he was jealous, and wanted the best da palace, so he thought he got it. In my opinion, he still didn’t top Vaux le Vicomte, but that could have a little to do with the fact that Versailles was packed to the brim with people, so it was really hard to appreciate it when we had just seen Vaux le Vicomte the day before; it had very little people and we had got to stay all night and see it candle lit.
The best part of this day was when we sat on the side of this pond, and I took a few sketching classes from some of the older students on how to shade and give depth. I was getting so frustrated with sketching and I was very grateful for any help I could get. That night we went to dinner and then blogged the night away in the boys hotel room because theirs was the only one that would get a wireless connection.



I just really liked the idea of this light. The light was actually just coming from above, it wasn't really an actual fixture. I just thought that was a creative idea.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home